2022 Reading Buccaneers
Membership Day Overview
Membership Day is your first step in becoming a member of the 2022 Reading Buccaneers! It is a chance for you to meet the staff & members, learn about our 2022 program, and experience a little bit of how the Buccaneers rehearse and operate.
Sunday, November 28, 2021
Twin Valley High School, Elverson, PA
Doors open at 11am, programming 12pm-6pm
In accordance with our COVID policy, all participants in our 2022 season must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Masks will also be required at all times by all participants, unless eating, drinking, or playing a brass instrument.
Who Should Come:
- Brass, Percussion, and Color Guard Performers
- Parents of perspective members
- Alumni and Fans
ALL GUESTS MUST SHOW PROOF OF VACCINATION TO ENTER THE BUILDING
How to Register:
1) Sign up for an account in Knack. Knack is our online member portal; new members can sign up at this link.
- Returning Members should login with their existing account and use the abbreviated registration form to add themselves to the 2021 season.
2) Pay the $50 clinic fee and download your section's technique packet.
- In your Knack account, use the "Tuition Payments" Tab.
3) Submit proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
- In your Knack account, use the “Contact” tab and select “Vaccination Confirmation” as the topic.
4) Submit your member forms.
- Forms may be completed online at readingbuccaneers.org/memberforms, or by
downloading the PDF found under the “Library” tab in your Knack account
- These are not typical drum corps contracts in the sense that they are not a guarantee of a position in the 2022 line or a commitment to completing the season; instead, they show us that you understand the basics of what is expected of you as a Buccaneer. Additionally, the medical form in particular allows us to better help you should a health issue arise in the course of rehearsal-- participants who do not have a medical form already on file with the corps will be required to sign a medical waiver upon arrival.
What To Bring:
1) Mask and COVID vaccination card
-Participants who have submitted proof of vaccination in advance of Membership Day will not be required to produce their card in-person; however, we recommend having it with you until you have verified that we have you marked as in-compliance with our COVID policies.
- A snack will be provided mid-day, but water to drink during rehearsal is the
responsibility of each participant. ONLY water is permitted in the auditorium and
other rehearsal spaces. We recommend having a gallon jug, labelled with your name.
- Corps equipment will be available to use---however, to be sure that everyone in
attendance has a chance to play, if you have a Bb trumpet, mellophone, baritone, or tuba, please bring it, along with your mouthpiece. Likewise, if you have a drum pad and sticks, or any color guard equipment, please bring that with you as well. Be sure your equipment is labelled with your name.
- All guests must enter the building through the main lobby, from either the front or back parking lots. Entry through any other door will not be permitted.
- Temperature checks will be conducted upon arrival; any person with a temperature of 100.4°F or greater will not be permitted to enter the building.
- Proof of vaccination must also be shown at the door; any person who has not submitted proof of vaccination in advance of the event and cannot produce proof of vaccination at the door, will not be permitted to enter the building.
-Once through the door, all guests must proceed to the registration table to complete their check-in and receive a wristband indicating that they are in compliance with all corps policies and procedures.
For Further Information