2023 Reading Buccaneers
Membership Day Overview
Membership Day is your first step in becoming a member of the 2023 Reading Buccaneers! It is a chance for you to meet the staff & members, learn about our 2023 program, and experience a little bit of how the Buccaneers rehearse and operate.
Sunday, November 27, 2022
Twin Valley High School, Elverson, PA
Doors open at 11am, programming 12pm-6pm
In accordance with our COVID policy, all participants in our 2023 season must show proof of up-to-date vaccinations against COVID-19, including the most recent bivalent booster.
Who Should Come:
- Brass, Percussion, and Color Guard Performers
- Parents of prospective members
- Alumni and Fans
ALL GUESTS MUST SHOW PROOF OF VACCINATION TO ENTER THE BUILDING
How to Register:
1) Sign up for an account in Knack. Knack is our online member portal; new members can sign up at this link.
- Returning Members should login with their existing account and use the abbreviated registration form to add themselves to the 2023 season.
2) Pay the $50 clinic fee and download your section's technique packet.
- In your Knack account, use the "Tuition Payments" Tab.
3) Submit proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
- In your Knack account, use the “Contact” tab and select “Vaccination Confirmation” as the topic.
4) Submit your member forms.
- Forms may be completed online at readingbuccaneers.org/memberforms, or by
downloading the PDF found under the “Library” tab in your Knack account
- These are not typical drum corps contracts in the sense that they are not a guarantee of a position in the 2022 line or a commitment to completing the season; instead, they show us that you understand the basics of what is expected of you as a Buccaneer. Additionally, the medical form in particular allows us to better help you should a health issue arise in the course of rehearsal-- participants who do not have a medical form already on file with the corps will be required to sign a medical waiver upon arrival.
What To Bring:
1) COVID vaccination record
-Participants who have submitted proof of vaccination in advance of Membership Day will not be required to produce their card in-person; however, we recommend having it with you until you have verified that we have you marked as in-compliance with our COVID policies.
- A snack will be provided mid-day, but water to drink during rehearsal is the
responsibility of each participant. ONLY water is permitted in the auditorium and
other rehearsal spaces. We recommend having a gallon jug, labeled with your name.
- Corps equipment will be available to use---however, to be sure that everyone in
attendance has a chance to play, if you have a Bb trumpet, mellophone, baritone, or tuba, please bring it, along with your mouthpiece. Likewise, if you have a drum pad and sticks, or any color guard equipment, please bring that with you as well. Be sure your equipment is labeled with your name.
- All guests must enter the building through the main lobby, from either the front or back parking lots. Entry through any other door will not be permitted.
-Once inside, all guests must proceed to the registration table to complete their check-in, show proof of vaccination (if not previously submitted online), and receive a wristband indicating that they are in compliance with all corps policies and procedures.
For Further Information you can look at our FAQ page, or